19 May 2009

First Chance

It was six months later that I started the pregnancy program again. The same hormone shot was given and the same make love technique was advised. During my birthday in June 2007, my mom made a small celebration by inviting children at home. Goodies bags were sharing and birthday songs were singing, clapping hands, kisses and hugs were everywhere. I was so happy especially when my mother finally accepted Cane as his son in law.

It was hard at the beginning when I and Cane fell in love. We came from different ethnics and my mom though my friendship with Cane would never last in marriage. I and Cane were friends since in the Graduate Program. We went to the same laboratory and the same subjects (Optoelectronics and Laser Application) for 2 years before finally went to Fukui-Japan for Doctor course. It was in Fujiyama that we fell in love and started dating. However, my mother did not approve this relationship and went to Taiwan on my wedding day.

Things had change ever since Cane called her "mama" on Chinese New Year that year. She was so sad when hearing about the miscarried. She was on the way to home from the airport when I got the abortion. After entering the house, I phoned her and shared the news of my abortion. She was as shocked as me and her returning from United States actually to celebrate my pregnancy. Later on she planned to make a celebration on my birthday by inviting small children in order to stimulate my womb. She believes by performing such party, the womb will be stimulate to carry another life.

The party was simple but cheerful with cakes, candies, snacks, and sodas. It was then a week later, I found out that I was pregnant. No vomiting, no headache, no backache, no sign of sickness at all only pain on the breasts. 5 different pregnancy tests were bought and all showed positive sign. I was happy, Cane was doubt (he did not believe since no symptoms like he always heard from others) and we went to see the doctor for general check up. Oh dear... what a gift that God gives to me on my birthday... I was truly pregnant and a new life was in me. I started to count and wrote down the sensation month per month until the time to deliver.

Since I did not like milk, the doctor gave me FOLAMIL and Gramivin+DHA as part of my diet. Another extra calcium and protein powder from AMWAY. I ate fish more than before and suddenly hate chicken as well as meat. Why I secretly add protein powder on my diet without prescription from the doctor?

There was a 3 days meeting about quality assurance in higher education at Central Jakarta. I was sent by my institution as the representative. During that meeting, I met a chemist from Bandung Institute Technology with PhD from United States. A reputable chemist whom told me the miracle of protein powder that she herself felt.
She told me that on her third pregnancy, the doctor said that her fetus was carried a Toxoplasma infection. Her fetus' head grew bigger than it should be and the doctor suggested her to have abortion. She did not want to do that since in Buddhism, it is strictly forbidden to kill no matter the reason is. So she learned and read more and used her knowledge as chemist to look for the cure. It was then she found out about protein which can help increase the immune system as well as the brain development. She found the protein powder (instead of eating lots of meats or nuts) and drank it five times more than it was suggested. A month later, the fetus' head started to get to its normal size, and the sign of Toxoplasma gondii started to disappear. Now her daughter even smarter than her other brothers, so she suggested me to take protein powder as additional diet.

The result was there, the person who told me the story was a real chemist with cum laude and her research has shown from her daughter. No doubt at all, I took the protein powder until today. I hope this knowledge can help those who has the same problem like she is before. By the way, the hormone shot made my weight heavier than ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment